Monday, April 28, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies


Last night I made a batch of cookies for Dad (He LOVES homemade cookies!) and this recipe turned out to be a winner!


*1 cup white sugar

*1/2 cup brown sugar

*1 cup butter flavored Crisco

*1 cup peanut butter (we like crunchy!)

*2 large eggs

*1 Tbsp vanilla (This is the secret ingredient!!)

*2 cups flour

*2 tsp baking soda

*1/2 tsp salt
*OPTIONAL* 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (add them to half the batch--that's what I did!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees!
*Cream together the sugars, Crisco, and peanut butter.
*Add the eggs and vanilla
*In a seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and gradually sift into the wet ingredients
until blended well (Make sure you don't over-mix! You don't want a tough cookie!)
*Roll into tablespoon sized balls and gently flatten with your hands
*Place on greased cookie sheet(s) with atleast 1.5" between each cookie
*Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges
**Here's a TIP! If the cookies are still a little soft after taking them out of the oven, its ok. They
still cool into delicious mouth-watering cookies!



They were in charge of the bread set out on the table, the flour for the grain offerings, the unleavened wafers, the baking and the mixing, and all measurements of quantity and size.
1 Chronicles 23:29

2 comments:

Ella said...

Mia, thanks for commenting on my blog. I like your setup! Yes, dad's love cookies, don't they? Mine likes oatmeal raisin the best. Making them is such a wonderful and "behind the scenes" way of Biblical womanhood!

Laura H. said...

Greetings! Thankyou for posting a comment on my blog. Sorry it took me a while to answer. Hey, would you like to be a part of one of my blogs, called Mayden Fair. We talk about girl things, about, well, what is on the list in the blog Mayden Fair. We would love to have you, I am sure, and I would most certainly like to have you as well. I am the administrator of the blog, and do the inviting! Anyway, just thought I would ask you! I like to get as many people as possible on the blog, to write out their experiences and thoughts!

In Christ Alone,
Laura H.
http://maydenfair.blogspot.com
http://stayathomedaugther.blogspot.com
lmh4him@hotmail.com