Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yay! I'm a Seamstress!!!














haha! not really--Today I started my VERY FIRST sewing project!
I took an old skirt (I should've taken a "before" picture) and cut it apart, and after being introduced to Mom's sewing machine, endeavored to create a messenger bag!
What's funny is that I was just on Ebay last week contemplating whether to purchase one, and I didn't even find one that I halfway liked under $30! So with a knee length khaki skirt (from a second-hand store for $2) , I created a medium-large Khaki messenger bag--complete with a strap made from the waistband! It took 6 hours (10am-4 pm) and alot of thinking (hehe!) but I'm so proud of it!!
Proverbs 31:13
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.







1 comment:

Jaybird said...

Wow, Mia!

You should be proud! The bag is too cute!!

I haven't learned how to sew yet (except for buttons :), but I'm looking forward to the experience. :)