Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mia's Southern Upside-Down Peach Cobbler

I found an old southern recipe, and revised/simplified it so I could make it in under an hour from start to finish! This is a great seasonal dessert, and definetely a family favorite!



1. Peel & chop 2 cups of fresh peaches. 2. Heat the peaches in saucepan (on Med. heat) with 1/2 cup sugar,
'till sugar is dissolved and peaches are good 'n hot.



3. Add 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract, stir, then reduce heat to Low.
Meanwhile, melt 1 stick of butter (in a 2 QT baking dish) in a 350 degree oven.


4. In a seperate bowl, mix 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.



5. Add 3/4 cups milk to the dry ingredients

5. Mash & remove any lumps in batter--By the way, it's ok if the mixture looks a little thin.



6. Take the dish out of the oven, and pour batter onto melted butter--


Do Not Stir!
Put the dish in the oven for 5 minutes, so the bottom can firm up.



7. Pour/Spoon the hot peaches onto the batter--

Do Not Stir!



8. This is what it should look like after you pour the peaches carefully onto the batter. Now put the dish back into the oven.


Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.


9. Carefully remove the cobbler from the oven....


10. Enjoy!!

It's delicious served with homemade vanilla icecream on the side :)


17 comments:

Jaybird said...

Oooh! Mia! That looks so good! Peach cobbler is a family favorite of ours! :)

V said...

Mia, that looks so good. We are on our way to have some...see ya soon!
LOL.....

Priscilla said...

Hi Mia,
thanks for the comment on my blog - this looks delicious! And yes, I do love holding my guitar like that.:)

Beth said...

Mia,

Looks delicious and I'm sure if you made it, it is!

Miss Elizabeth

alabasterboxblog said...

That looks soooooo good!

Kaysie

laney said...

Thanks for entering! I love your blog too! It is really cool! Have a blessed weekend!
Love and Prayers,
Laney

Julia said...

Wow Mia, that looks wonderful! I'll definitely try that sometime!
Thank you for commenting on my blog...I'm adding you to my favorite blogs list!
Julia from Julia's Journal

Neesie said...

Hello Mia!
Thank you for visiting my blog! It was nice to hear from you.
Your blog is lovely. :-)
That peach cobbler looks delicious!
I'll be stopping in a lot.
In Him,
Neesie

V said...

Mia,

I tried cooking your cobbler yesterday and it WAS delicious! We ate it all up. MMM...MMM...GOOD! Keep sharing!!

McKenzie said...

Hey Mia!

This looks very good, I will have to try it!
Yesterday we went to a place and got two laundry baskets full of peaches!lol So we need lots of peach ideas!

McKenzie A.K.A. Kenzie

Anna Naomi said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! I'll have to try it today. Some friends just gave us a whole bunch of little peaches, and I don't want them to go bad!

Mardi said...

That looks very good! And its pretty too!

KeeperatHome said...

Your cobbler looks delicious! I'll have to try your recipe! In Christ, Talya

ladyakofa said...

Hi Mia,

Thanks for commenting on the mangoes... I do love them and I'm missing them soo much as they are out of season!

And your peach cobbler reeaaaaally looks yummy! :) By the way do you have any mango-related recipes to share? Thanks.

Michelle said...

Mia,
Great site! I can't wait to make your peach cobbler receipe.Peach Cobbler has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl.
I am so inspired by your site. I stumbled across this site while looking for sites with my new blog name.http://michellebyhisgraceandforhisglory.blogspot.com I am new to blogging and love being so inspired by all these wonderful sites. The world would have us believe there are just a few believers sold out to living for the Lord. Prasie the Lord for this site and may He receive all the glory. Michelle

Anonymous said...

that looks so good looking at it made me want somthing sweat

Rachel K. said...

That looks really good!