Friday, July 25, 2008

The Blessings of Multiple Generations



" 'Psalm 107:38,41 (NEB) says," He blesses them, and their numbers increase...and makes families increase like flocks of sheep." One or two sheep is not a flock. The family is where God loves people to be nurtured. His desire is for children to be in an environment with brothers and sisters, like a flock.' " from the book, "Be Fruitful and Multiply" by Nancy Campbell


"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."
Psalm 127:3 (KJV)

I was inspired to do this post after reading an old copy of Reminisce Magazine. God really does bless those who are multi-generational minded--I love this picture and thought I'd share!

7 comments:

The Henderson Family said...

Mia, I love this picture as well in fact I have it hanging in the front hallway of our home.

Vicki said...

Really nice picture Mia..Where do you find these beautiful picture's?

Erika said...

I love your blog, Mia! Your herb tidbits are very informative :)

Miss Jocelyn said...

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It was nice to meet you. You have a lovely blog and I agree with you on this one, and I love Mrs. Campbell too. :)

Blessings!

Miss Rachel said...

Hello Mia-
I saw you left me a comment. I must say, I really enjoyed checking out your blog. :) I love the recipes and homemaking posts you have on here.

Thank you for the comment. I'm glad you liked the hymn. It is one of my favourite hymns too. We need to remember to keep our eyes on Jesus, and let Him alone be our Vision.

I also agree with you about being blessed with children. The Bible says that children are an inheritance from the Lord. Wonderful post. :)

I hope to come back here soon. Your blog looks very interesting. And, if you come by my blog today, I posted something called the Simple Woman's Daybook. It's a tag sort of thing. I think you would enjoy taking a look at it. :) Just a fun, homemaking type of thing to do.

With love and blessings to you,
Rachel

Mia said...

Dear Ladies,
Thank you for all the lovely comments! Ms. Vicki, I get my portraits from various photo sites on the internet. This one is from www.allposters.com :)

--Mia

ladyakofa said...

Family is good, right? If only we'd cherish family members all the more.