Sunday, July 20, 2008

Concord Grape Harvest

Today we picked our grapes that (finally!) are ripe. We've been resisting not to eat them for the past few weeks. Below is a picture of a cluster of grapes in June. This is my favorite stage--Aren't the color's beautiful?!

But now that the birds are really getting involved, its 'harvest time'!!


Here's an upclose picture--We've been having luck using an old pair of scissors for cutting the stems of vegetables/fruits when our shears get dull. Works great! :)



Concord grapes ready to be harvested!


Here I am with a full basket of grapes! :)



We gathered about 5 lbs (more or less) and by the way, the reason the grapes look pale or "frosted" is because they haven't been rubbed or washed. Luckily, our garden is pesticide/fertilizer free, so we ate them freely!

When we came inside and started to sample the "fruit of our labor"(lol) My cat Jessie jumped up to see what all the excitement was about! How cute! Unfortunately, grapes aren't pet friendly..oh well, more for us? :)

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

8 comments:

Whitney Creath said...

Yummy. Those look really good. :) Enjoy a few for us ok.

Vicki said...

Yummy!!! I know you all enjoyed them! CONGRAT's!!

Rose said...

Hello Mia,
My name is Hannah a.k.a. Rose. :)
I love you blog, where did you get all of those pretty pictures (paintings)?
Please stop by my blog,
Thanks!

-Rose

Rose said...

Hello again,
I noticed that you had a Shelfari, and I made one and put books on it and the whole thing, well, now I can't figure out how to get it on my blog! :S
Could you please e-mail me and help me out? My e-mail address is: hannah@chosen-ones.org

Thanks!
-Rose

Madison said...

Oooo! Those look so good! I love that picture of you.

Madison from Madison's Musings

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Rejoicing with you that God blessed you with all those wonderful grapes! Enjoy!

Mrs. Creath

Anonymous said...

They look delicious!! They're seedless, right? Here where I live (in the North) we don't have a table grape that is seedless. Lots of other really good fruit growing on our place, but how would love also to have grapes!

Brenda

Dawn said...

I am jealous! Our concord grapes will not be ready before beginning of Sept! And your kitty is such a cuite :)