Sunday, July 6, 2008

The definition of a Homemaker



Homemaker


1. An individual who has the skills and abilities to maintain a home and actively functions in that capacity
2. A wife who manages a household while her husband earns the family income
3. A homemaker is a person whose prime occupation is to care for their family and/or home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As an Aspiring Homemaker, I should be striving for these things unto the Lord.
So, I need to earnestly continue to learn many skills on maintaining my family's home, activally being involved.
Manage a household (Successfully take care of the house in cleaning, meals, garden etc) while my Dad is at work, so he comes home to a home of order & peacefulness (Ooh, we're still working on this one!)

Fill my time and occupation at home, growing deeper relationships with my siblings/parents and learn contentness and using my time at home wisely (practicing homemaking skills) and not wasting it with idle distractions!


"That they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! May the Lord bless your efforts. I am a future homemaker as well and it is not as easy as some people will tell you! Being a homemaker (someday) is a full time job that God designed women to fulfill unto Him.

God bless,

Megan

Vicki said...

Mia, I praise God for your heart to do his will for your life. You are several steps ahead of many young women. I know when I was your age (not so long ago..LOL)I didn't know how to express my desire to be a home maker, maily because it was the time that women saught after careers and not family as much. I felt awkward and different until I met other's who were like minded. I am so thankful for your desire to do what is right in the Lord.

Candy said...

Dear Mia,
You have such a sweet blog. I love this post.
Hugs to you,
Candy :)

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Mia. You seem to have such a strong conviction about what you want to do. You are on a good path!!

Brenda

Meshaay said...

"learn contentness"
That's something I have to do too.

You sound a lot like me in your "about me" and "interests" on your profile. :-D

The Henderson Family said...

Mia so glad I found your blog. I have enjoyed it immensely and will return often!!! May God richly bless you.

I love to read the blogs of young maidens who dedicate their lives to the Lord. You have chosen a lifestyle that is counter-cultrual and it is so refreshing to see.

I will be telling my oldest daughter who is almost thirteen to visit your site and if you do not mind I would also like to mention your blog on my own!!

In Him,

MrsTaunya

Madison said...

I agree so much with that. That is a wonderful definition!

Madison from Madison's Musings