Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Herb of the Month: Chocolate Mint

True to it's name, Chocolate Mint has a strong mint flavor, with deep rich undertones of Chocolate. So far, its thriving in full sun, and I've contained it in a pot although its outside.

I bought the plant in early March {After hearing about it from a friend!}, and its grown so fast and is a fun alternative to regular peppermint! My favorite way to use Chocolate Mint is as a tea.

Here's an easy recipe:
Over 4 sprigs of mint {or a heaping 1/4 cup} leaves, I pour hot water, then let it steep for 15 minutes. When its ready, remove the leaves.

I like to add fresh lemon juice and honey {Yum!}

Then I garnished the tea with a sprig of mint :) It's delicious and soothing, especially before bed {with a great book, of course!}


4 comments:

Madison said...

Sounds delicious! I'd like to try that! :)
I may have to get some chocolate mint. Sounds unusual, but very good!

Madison from Madison's Musings

Julia said...

Mmmm...sounds great! I can just envision being curled up with a good book and a cup of tea...Ah, heavenly!
Thank you so much for the comment and the lovely compliment! :)
Julia

Alyssa Rae said...

Hi Mia!
My name is Alyssa from the Blogs Alyssa Rae, Vita Scena Photography and The Scott Clan. My family and I live in Tennessee.
I am 18 and the oldest of three younger siblings and I too love taking pictures of God beautiful creation and much more.I am also an "Aspiring Homemaker".
And your blog is just beautiful!!!!
I would love to hear from you!
You can e-mail me at alyssascott@rocketmail.com.
Have a blessed week.
Alyssa

Miss Jocelyn said...

I absolutely love your blog. :) You have so many nice homemaking posts here. I have added you to my personal blogroll. :)

And I linked this post on my Homesteading Carnival blog http://homesteadblogger.com/HomesteadingCarnival

Blessings!
Miss Jocelyn