A Cast-iron dutch oven and a gorgeous oil lamp! I've been looking for a lamp for a while, and never thought I'd find heavy-duty cookware for such a great price!! The pot was $7, and the lamp was $3. I'm so excited--I love the pioneer theme! I thought I'd post my favorite never-fail corn muffin recipe too :)
Old-Fashioned Honey Corn Muffins
3. And 1/3 cup Butter Flavored Shortening :)
4. Using a pastry blender, blend the shortening into the dry ingredients until it resembles small crumbs5. Add 2 large eggs, and 1 cup whole milk (or cream/half & half (The richer the better!! :)
6. Pour in a generous 1/2 cup of Honey (yum, my favorite ingredient!)
7. Gently mix all the ingredients together!
8. This is what the batter should look like--It's ok if its gooey, This makes for the moistest corn muffins!
9. To a greased muffin tin, carefully scoop (about 3 TBsps) batter into each cup, filling it 3/4 full.
12. Using a butter knife, you can gently remove the muffins from the tin--aah, Perfect!!