Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn...




I knew there was something different and more wonderful about today...
Maybe it was the chilly breeze that awoke me from my slumber, as I desperately tried to get warm again by snuggling deeper into my covers...
Maybe the secret was given away by the unusual quietness of the morning...
I'm sure it had to be the sounds of leaves gently rustling through the trees...
Maybe it was the comforting feeling of wearing socks...I haven't worn socks in ages!
Maybe it was the contentment as I peeked outside into the front yard, to watch the squirrels scurry around, determined to collect and dig and bury as many acorns as possible...
It had to be the smile I gave to the sky, as I went outside to do schoolwork, just feeling the crisp, clear air....
Yes, as I looked at the calendar, and realized what "day" today is, I wasn't too surprised!
I hope everyone has a wonderful First Day of Autumn~!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi Mia! Thank you for commenting on my blog. Yes, it seems we have A LOT in common. Your blog is lovely. I really like the pictures you have on your sidebar. May I add you to my blog list (on my blog)?

~Ashley

P.S. I am the oldest of 5, and I am 15.

Ashley said...

Just our of curiosity, where did you find my link?

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Joy had been asking when the first day of fall would for the last week or so. She was so excited when she asked again, that it had finally arrived! She knows that means her birthday is just around the corner.
(Oct,5th).
Have a blessed day.
Mrs. Creath

Joanna Kristina said...

Mia,

Happy first day of Autumn to you as well! I absolutely adore this season, such rich beauty all around! God is so good!
And, thank you for your comment on my blog! I really enjoyed yours too!
As soon as I'm finished with the dress, I'll post pictures!

Blessings,
Joanna

Madison said...

Hello Mia! What beautiful ramblings! :) I really liked this post. I'm so happy it is finally autumn!! Although I wasn't able to completely enjoy it because I'm having horrible allergies. :( But anyway, I loved the post!

~Madison

Miss Jocelyn said...

Yes, it is definitely here! They plowed the fields down today.

And I am glad you liked my graphics!