Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Question: What is the Cottage?

I recently received the question:
"Out of curiosity... What is the Cottage? Is it a vacation home of yours and your family's or is it one of those sheds or something that looks like a mini house?" *Miss Jessica
~
I really appreciate this question because it has just occurred to me that I've never explained this :) We discovered this fixer-upper cottage while "house hunting" and were able to purchase it before our "suburbia" home has sold! The Cottage is a small, 3 bedroom home built in 1940, and the property includes a storage building(mini house)/shed/chicken houses. God is so good, and now while our home is on the 'market', we go back and forth to the cottage until it's fixed up enough to move in completely :)
*Mia

12 comments:

TheyCallTheWindMariah said...

Ohhh! Awesome!!! =D I kinda thought that is what it was but I wasn't quite sure. Thanks for clarifying that! ~Riah

Jenna said...

I'm so happy for you Mia! Isn't it wonderful to be out in God's creation?!! We love our old farmhouse, even though it's lots of work:)

Blessings,
Jenna

Wren Cottage said...

Hi lovely girl!
Thank you so very much for stopping by Wren Cottage, what a delightful blog you have!! I'm thoroughly enjoying reading and looking at all the beautiful things you share.... it's all so wonderful!
I will add you to the "places I frequent" so I can come back and visit with you in your adventures!
Love your cottage too!!
have a beatiful day sweet one :)
xoxo Madai

Lady Laurie said...

How wonderful for you and your family!
Blessings!

I love visiting your blog, I feel like I am stepping back in time...

Emily said...

It sounds wonderful! We have named our home "Moonlight Rose Cottage." I love how Anne of Green Gables named everything of hers... and I have named all my homes ever since! Hope you are enjoying a lovely day today!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

Thanks for answering my question Mia!

Wow, that is so neat! I'll bet it's beautiful! It sounds like a very charming little place. Hope you all finish soon so you can actually move in!

God Bless,
Jessica

Maggie said...

I really like your cottage, thank you for enlightening us about it. From what I've seen in the pictures, it looks like a lovely place!

Kate said...

My husband and I live in a small cottage built in 1950. It's our home sweet home, but we might have to move. I just love cottages. I used to subscribe to Cottage Living magazine, but they're out of print now. Now, I subscribe to Cottages and Bungalows.

Trinity Mommy said...

Your cottage sounds lovely!

Rachel and Jessica said...

Hi Mia! I tagged you! Go to my blog for details!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Jenna said...

Hello Mia!
I gave you a blog award:) Head on over to my blog and check it out~

~Jenna~