Thursday, June 25, 2009

Re-visiting a Classic movie...


Tonight we watched the classic, "Lady and the Tramp".
Although it's not a Christian movie, I love the cinematography!
~

Neighborhood
~

Ladies Parlor
I felt wistful just seeing all the long dresses--you can't force anyone to dress that way...I wish more women would!
~
Gentlemen's Parlor
A stark difference, eh? I thought the contrasting floor color choices was a great idea.
~
This scene uplifted the women's role in a beautiful way. I loved the softness as well as attention to detail. She had her newborn at home, and seemed to enjoy the quietness of the morning.
~
I love the way the two are dressed.
A role of chilvary, he was a gentle reassurance to her anxious heart
upon leaving on a business trip.
~
The dawn of a new morning!
~
Hand in Hand
~

The realities of photography at home!
~


I don't usually share on movies, but this one in particular "raised-the-bar" in a sense...Here is what I liked about it:
*Mens role uplifted
*Womens role uplifted
*Beautiful scenery/town
*The home was beautifully decorated
*A good marriage displayed
~
It's a Classic you'll want to re-visit. I appreciated the "look" of the movie more than anything, and if you like the victorian era and a clean movie, you'll enjoy it!

17 comments:

Stone Bridge Farm said...

Oh Mia! You have hit the nail on the head once again. I too wished for more of the modest dress of once apon a time. What's funny....I never would have noticed the floors if it were not for you pointing them out. :0)

Mia said...

I'm glad you feel the same way! I know, I guess it's crazy to notice something as small as floor patterns! :)
Thank you for commenting!

--Mia

dukygurl said...

I love the movie, they don't really make them like that anymore do they?

Trish

Julian said...

i love that movie! Lately I have been getting my son Benjamin(almost5) interested in Snow White. My favorite movie classic!
What fun!

Lauren Ann said...

i love this movie. though i have not watched in a long time, i still know that i was good!

Sara said...

Thank you for pointing out the positives in this movie! I'll have to watch it again (and show it to my little girl when she's old enough to appreciate it!)

~ Judy ~ said...

Your observations of light, texture, and mood are astounding! So many things I've never considered and I've seen this movie countless times!
Thank you for shedding a whole new light on it for me!
I can't wait to watch it again through YOUR eyes!

Miss Jen said...

Beautiful! :)
I'll have to re-watch this one!
It's been a while!!!

Many Blessings~ Jen

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

All the reasons you mentioned are all the reasons i love this movie. It's a beautiful movie. I wish all the disney movies were like this one.

Jan said...

My family knows that this is my favorite Disney movie. (I don't have any favorite Disney movies from current times.)

I have always loved the movie for the exact reasons you pointed out...the colors and subtle textures, the gentleness of their personalities, their sweet interactions with one another and the positive role of parenting portrayed.

My husband bought this movie for me a couple of years ago and I watch it once a year or so. : )

Stone Bridge Farm said...

You have been nominated for the Honest Scrap Award!

Sam said...

That is sweet! I do love this movie!!

Sami

Ali said...

I agree men and women don't dress that way anymore! I wish they would though! My sister and I love the movie!

Vicki said...

Hey Mia, I think I will watch that one. I'll let you know when I do.

Adrienne Renea said...

Wow, Mia...I'm seeing this movie in a whole new light! Thank you for posting your thoughts!

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

Yes, I've always loved that movie! I agree about the dresses, they just, IMO, make women look more feminine. So pretty!

madgebaby said...

this is a beautiful movie, and one of my favorites as a child; however, it depicts some terrible parenting practices. I don't think it is a exmplar.