Sunday, August 9, 2009

Smile :)

A snapshot moment into my thoughts...
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
~
This proverb has a familiar warmth to it, no? This has truly been my "theme" lately--Through my tears of frustration, my anxiousness, my desire for wisdom and growth...This has been a bubbling brook of cool waters over my soul...Ah, the joys of resting in Him!

Homemaking

Lately we've gone back to a Flylady regimen for housekeeping/organization. It's been great! Everyone gets a different chore in the morning, and we move through all the rooms to do that certain task. I like it because you do a few little things everyday to tidy, instead of procrastinating and ending up "deep cleaning" frequently. I know Flylady is old news among stay-at-home mothers, but after doing FlyLady off and on through our homeschooling years, it's refreshing to do it again, and seems easier now than before!
~
Saturday

My sister and I usually ride bikes everyday through the neighborhood, but on Saturday, Dad took my siblings and I on a new route! We all got out our bikes, hats, and started off!
~

A nearby property
~

Most of the land is used for cotton and peanuts (everyone's a farmer around these parts!) but really, the sea of green all around you is quite stunning. I enjoyed the little run-down log cabins we passed, but regret I didn't take any pictures!
~
We enjoyed the ride for 5 miles, but then had to turn around (although we insisted to go further!) Dad said he wanted to see if we could "handle" the ride back before letting us go too far :)
~

On our way back home, we took a side road we'd never been on before. It turned out to be a shady wooded lane framed with Spanish moss trees! We passed a beautiful pond and to my sister's pleasure, she pointed out a few Appaloosa horses!
~
The road was lovely, and it wasn't long until we found our way back to our familiar area. When we arrived at the cottage, we told my Mom about the roads, riding 10 miles, and greeting a few neighbors who were on their front porches! LOL I must say, it's very unusual to see anyone riding bikes around here, let alone a family (who is new to the community no less!) So the "looks" and suspicious waves we received were priceless!
~

Sunday
Sunday evening, My parents took a pleasant walk through the neighborhood,
while my brother and I rode bikes ahead.

As I came to a bend in the road, right in front of me was a fawn! I couldn't believe it wandered so close to the road. We just watched each other for about 30 seconds, then it bounded off into the woods! I kept looking for it's mother, but couldn't see her. It was a magical moment though!

'The voice of the LORD makes the deer to calve, and strips the forests bare; And in His temple everything says, "Glory!" ' Psalm 29:9
~

My parents were able to meet an elderly neighbor during their walk,

and we all enjoyed a pleasant evening when we arrived home!
~



Our sunset~*~

16 comments:

Lucy said...

splendid hat.

Emily Elizabeth said...

Oh yes, I agree with Lucy. Loving the hat :]

Mia said...

Many thanks to you both!
Hope you're having a great week :)

In Christ,
Mia

Heather said...

is there anything in particular making you anxious lately?

Miss Jen said...

Simply delightful.... :)
*happy sigh*

Miss Eyebright said...

It sounds like you had a beautiful weekend! We rode our bikes, yesterday, but most of us weren't feeling well, and part of it was uphill. :( We'll have to try again, soon!

Have a very bright, very cheerful day!
Miss Eyebright

Andylynne said...

Beautiful photos, and I love your hat! What a wonderful way to spend a weekend.

Michele said...

Lovely pictures and photos, and it sounds like you all had a perfect weekend!

Nynke said...

In the Netherlands (where I live)it is very common to ride bike when you go to school or work. It is funny to read your stories about riding bikes. Your photos from the very green landscape remind me also of Holland. It is nice to get a little glance of your life. You are very inspiring.

lady m said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your days with us ;)

many blessings,

lady m

Danman said...

Ms. Mia,

I recently had a thought about your sister and her asthma... There's another blogger, a Christian woman in Tenn. who is an herbalist. Her blog can be found at http://blog.tnfarmgirl.com/ She's a homesteader, homeschooling mom, and a devout follower of Christ. I think you can feel very good about any advice she might give. Just wanted to pass that along.

...they call me mommy... said...

What a lovely afternoon...a bike ride in good company! :) Your pictures are so neat!!

Blessings and Happy Graduation! And I LOVE Domestic Engineering, if I do say so myself...;-)

Blessings from the valley,
Amy

Marcia said...

Mia,
I just wanted to tell how much I enjoy visiting your blog. You're a talented writer and your love of Christ radiates in all of your writing. I visit often and share your blog with my girls. Thanks for opening your family's life in the country up to us. Your parents have much to be proud of with you as a daughter, and yet I'm sure they would give all credit to God. May He continue to bless you and your family.
Blessings,
Marcia

American Home said...

This is a beautiful post. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Thandi said...

I can't wait to read your blog in its entirety. We're packing right now, leaving for Tanzania to do mission work on Tuesday so we're busy right now.Thank you for your comment!

Paulah said...

I really enjoy your photos, they are so peacefull, I have been reading here and there, I would love to try the drop spindle too!!!

I tried to grow tomatoes, but it was a very tiny kind, they looked cute, also basil, cilantro (sp), rosemary. I noticed the mint was overgrowing on my tiny bed and I had to pull it and put it in a planter.

I planted a watermelon and a cantalupe, but there was too much water and the watermelon burst open and a critter munch o my cantalupe, so I hope I have better luck next time. Right now it has been freezing so much so I will have to start my bed from scratch

I ll try to stop by your blog and see what you are up to!

Pau