Friday, May 14, 2010

A Quote to ponder on...

My "Narrow Road" photo from 2008
~
This testimony has been a blessing and encouragement to me,
and I thought I'd share it with you!
~

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or back away.
.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognised, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power.
.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I can not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed.
.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, spoken for the case of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.
.

My banner is clear. I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed."
.


--A final testimony by an African Christian just before he was martyred for his faith.

24 comments:

AJ from Texas said...

Wow! This so powerful...so inspiring...and so encouraging. This is something I'd like to read to myself every morning before I begin my day. What a way to set yourself straight on His path. Wow! I can feel this Christian's love for God...very powerful and moving. Thank you so much for sharing this. Although we're scattered about this land, it's comforting to know (via the internet) that we have sisters all around us. :)

Mia said...

Dear AJ,
I'm so glad you were blessed by it as well!

Stephanie Ann said...

This is very beautiful. Is there any more information about the man who was martyred?

Mia said...

Dear Stephanie,
I thought so too!
Unfortunately, I was unable to find his name :(

Lydia said...

GREAT post!!! LOVE it. Thank you for sharing! I had heard this before and I am always inspired whenever I hear it. Such a good reminder!!!

Miss Emily Rachael said...

I have this quote on my wall :-D

The Lily Spring Craft Room said...

Dear Mia,

Thank you for sharing this! I will place a copy in my Bible so I can read it every day. What a testimony!

Sincerely,
FaithAnn

Linda said...

What a beautiful testimony. It reminds me of the Breastplate of Saint Patrick because of its energy for God. Thank you.

Carolyn said...

I love this post! I am sharing it with my husband now. Beautiful photo to go with it.

Have a good weekend,

Carolyn

Lydia said...

I am back, because I just want to say, I LOVE your blog! Great information, inspiring and precious! Keep up the fabulous work!
Sincerely in Christ,
Lydia Hoppman

Pen Pen said...

Beautiful; I especially like the last verse!! "I won't give up, shut up, let up...."

Nancy said...

Thankyou for posting this.

Blodgett said...

Everytime I hear this, it makes my heart beat a little faster, and my breathing get a little quicker. It pumps me up and spurs me on. Thanks for sharing!
Maellen

www.timothydeanmills.com said...

Amen!

Laura Lee said...

...This is supposed to make me cry, right? >.> Mia, you really need to stop doing this to me. Everytime I get on your blog, you have some type of inspiring message that makes me want to change my life! Lol. Thanks for posting, sister. :)

Laura

Allison said...

Wow. What a beautiful thing to write! I'm going to read it every day. Thank-you for blessing your readers with this!!!

In Christ,
Allison

cindy said...

New to your blog...
your post made me cry........
lovely

WesternWoodburner said...

I like to read interesting, inspiring and, encouraging quotes and passages. Thanks for posting it.

Mia said...

Thank you all for your comments!
I'm so encouraged that y'all were deeply impacted by these words as I was.

Lady Gwenea Zestia Binn said...

Hello!

I am new to your blog, but
I find it very lovely and inspiring.

Do you have a follow button? I could not find it, and I would love to follow this blog!

God bless you!
In Christ

Gwen

Mia said...

Dear Lady Gwen,

How nice!
Yes, I do have a follow button, it's towards the bottom of the page on the sidebar.

Thank you my dear! :)

Lady Gwenea Zestia Binn said...

Oh, thank you Mia!

Hana - Marmota said...

Thank you for posting this. I think I'll have to print it out and read through it every now and then for encouragement...

Carolyne said...

That is a powerful statement, and one I will re-read if you don't mind, may I copy it to my computer?
(I will send you a msg. by email.)
Such a wonderful heritage from a Saint who has gone before us.